Monday, November 29, 2010

Dollie Challenge- Colors

This week I actually did two challenges again for Design Dollies... the first was to use the colors brown and gold.  I made this canvas for my husband for the Norwegian Father's Day.... I took the picture at an angle so that I could try and capture the gold on it without loosing the picture/text on the canvas.  It seemed that either the camera just picked up the gold or just picked up the picture/text.  Basically when I finished making it I used gold Perfectly Pearls and put gold shimmer all over.  In the picture you can glance it in the corner.  I used a gold plane and the feathers to represent my husband and to represent my daughter flowers and charm (drawing by her).  A couple of months ago I had my daughter draw on a piece of shrink a dink and then I cut out shapes and shrank them to make charms that I could use on my layouts.  My daughter will be 3 in March and more than anything she loves to draw.  

Sometimes I dont feel like such a great mom and wife.  I let me husband and my daughter yet  I totally believe what this verse says " And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9)  God is my strength and when I fall He is there to brush me off and encourage me to keep on keeping on!  This project reminds me of how blessed I am to have a wonderful husband that not only is there for me but it is a WONDERFUL father.  When I fail God has given me a husband that encourages me and when Lars is down I try to be there for him.  Karianne really is blessed to have him as her father.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking you time to comment. I really appreciate it!
Thanks
Nic